Nous sommes actuellement le jeu. mars 28, 2024 14:12 pm

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC+01:00

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 8 messages ] 
Auteur Message
MessagePublié : jeu. nov. 01, 2007 13:20 pm 
Hors-ligne

I have still lots to do regarding this raid any information would be very welcome:

7/8 July 1944

208 Lancasters and 13 Mosquitos, mainly from No 5 Group but with some Pathfinder aircraft, attacked a flying-bomb storage dump in a group of tunnels (formerly used for growing mushrooms) at St Leu d'Esserent. The bombing was accurately directed on to the mouths of the tunnels and on to the approach roads, thus blocking access to the flying bombs stored there. German night fighters intercepted the bombing force and 29 Lancasters and 2 Mosquitos were lost, 14.0 per cent of the force. No 106 Squadron, from Metheringham, lost 5 of its 16 Lancasters on the raid and No 630 Squadron, from East Kirkby, lost its commanding officer, Wing Commander WI Deas, who was flying his 69th operation. Wing Commander Deas was killed and is buried in a small cemetery at Omerville, north-west of Versailles.

The following aircraft from each squadron is detailed below:

09 Squadron sent, JA690 WS-M, JA957 WS-D, JB116 WS-T,

44 Squadron sent, ME634 KM-P, ME859 KM-S, LM631 KM-W

49 Squadron sent, LL976 EA-A, LM541 EA-N,

50 Squadron sent, DV363 VN-K, DV227 VN-L, PA996 VN-J

57 Squadron sent, ME868 DX-K, JB370 DX-O, LM522 DX-G,

61 Squadron sent, R5856 QR-U, ND867 QR-V

83 Squadron sent, ND966 OL-C,

106 Squadron sent JB663, ME789, LL953, PB191, ME668, ME778, LM215, PB144, ME831, JB593, LL948, JB641, PB122, PB248, PB284, LM211

207 Squadron sent, LL902, ND866, ND555, ME814, ME805, LL968, ND872, LM208, LM218, LM535, LM123, ME807, ME681, ND567, ME667, LM129

463 Squadron sent

467 Squadron sent, LM219 PO-G, LM338 PO-U,

619 Squadron sent, ME745 PG-L

630 Squadron sent, ME688 LE-R,

09 Squadron Lancaster JA690 WS-M came down at Beaumont-les-Nonains (Oise) at La Houssoye (l’Epinette). Of the 8 only Sgt J.T.Price died and is buried in the communal cemetery. The rest evaded capture ( I traced Sutton she never replied?).

P/O R.S.Gradwell, F/L W.J.Oldacre, Sgt T.Lynch, F/O P.E .Arnold, F/O R.B.Atkinson (RCAF), Sgt J.T.Price F/S W.F.Best (RCAF) Sgt L.Sutton.

See newspaper article ?

M & Mme Georges Dumont hid 2 crew men for eight days one being L.Sutton.

09 Squadron Lancaster JA957 WS-D crashed at Ecqueville (Yveslines) 6 died and one evaded capture (Sgt J.D Massie). The crew are buried in the Ecqueville communal cemetery.

F/O P.D.Blackham, Sgt J.D Massie, F/O J.Wenger (RCAF), F/O D.Elphick (RCAF), F/O G.A White (RCAF), Sgt V.C.Stokes, Sgt J.M.Hickey (RCAF)

09 Squadron Lancaster JB116 WS-T crashed near Millebosc (Seine-Maritime). Three of the crew became POW’s the rest died and are buried at the Millebosc communal cemetery. 02H00

P/O G.A.H.Langford, Sgt C.G.Fenn, Sgt J.L.Wright, F/S S.M.Mitchell (RAAF), Sgt I.Feldman, Sgt J.Wright (RCAF) F/O T.Baseden.

44 Squadron ME634 KM-P shot down by night fighter and crashed near St-Germer de Fly (Oise) at La Briquetterie (La fontaine Cachieuse) F/L R.F.Carnegie was killed and Holt died later from injuries and are both buried at Beauvais-Marissel cemetery. Three evaded capture, two other became POW’s. (02H00)

F/L R.F.Carnegie (+), Sgt R.C.Burnham (evd), Sgt W.R.Pryor (evd), Sgt S.Holt (inj;+), F/S F.C.Lillywhite (RAAF) (POW), Sgt S.C.Dare (POW), Sgt S.Fenney (evd).

see page 338 M.Mavre for witness by Denis Cousin.

44 Squadron Lancaster ME859 KM-S came down at Equennes-Eramecourt (Somme) the crew are laid to rest in the local churchyard.

P/O D.Graaff, Sgt L.A.Critchley, F/O V.D Purvis, F/S F.H Gibberson, F/O J.S.Hodge, W/O R.B.Groves (RAAF), W/O A.Holland

44 Squadron Lancaster LM631 KM-W came down near Lucy (Seine-Maritime) Sgt R.J.McDonald & P/O K.J.Gowing are buried in Lucy communal cemetery.(01H30)

Sgt R.J.McDonald, P/O K.J.Gowing, Sgt E.G.Bishop (evd), Sgt A.J.Halhead (RCAF) (evd), Sgt E.W.Gardner (evd), Sgt R.Wilkinson (evd), Sgt W.W.Dineen (RCAF).

In 1994, Bill Dineen returned to Saint Leu (newspaper art. By E.Framery)

49 Squadron Lancaster LL976 EA-A shot down by nightfighter and crashed around 01h30 near Beauvoir-en-lyons (Seine-Maritime). The crew are buried at Beauvais-Marissel.(01H30)

F/O C.Baker, Sgt J.M.Moss, W/O J.H.Stibbard (RAAF), F/S H.H.Hewitt, Sgt W.Higgins, Sgt E.W.Everett, Sgt R.E.Nineham.

See report by Joël Huard

49 Squadron Lancaster LM541 EA-N, thought to have been shot down by another Lancaster crashing at le Chesne (Eure). The crew are buried in La Chesne communal cemetery.

F/L G.E.Ball, Sgt E.Wardman, F/S G.Millar, WO2 G.A.Rae (RCAF), F/S J.Kernahan, Sgt J.A.Kirwan, F/S G.J.W.Parkinson.

50 Squadron Lancaster DV363 VN-K crashed between Lalande en Son (Oise) & Serifontaine at Le Champ Mauger all are buried at Saint – Sever cemetery in Rouen.

F/S D.A.Davies, Sgt D.G.Marsden, F/S D.Marsden, F/S D.Marrows, F/S B.M.Joyce (RAAF), Sgt P.H.Bowen, Sgt G.Peace, Sgt G.F.McLaurin (RCAF)

50 Squadron Lancaster DV227 VN-L crashed at Rederie at Dargies (Oise). The crew are buried in Moliens communal cemetery.(02H05)

Sgt E.C.P.Lloyd, Sgt G.H.Tucker, F/S C.Jackson, F/S C.J.O’Connor (RCAF), F/S E.J.W.Stirling (RNZAF), Sgt K.G.Alsopp, Sgt.G.A.Higgins.

50 Squadron Lancaster PA996 VN-J exploded, throwing clear the pilot and crashed at Mesnil-Mauger (Seine-Maritime) killing 6 of the crew. Those who died are buried at Mesnil-Mauger communal cemetery.(02H00)

P/O A.F.Laidlaw (RCAF) (evd), Sgt R.N.Harper, F/S F.R.Hopkins (RCAF), W02 S.A.Motriuk (RCAF), Sgt D.Austin, WO2 J.D.Bishop (RCAF), Sgt P.O.K.Noren (RCAF)

Flight Lieutenant Milne and his crew of No. 50 Squadron had an eventful flight. They had just bombed when their Lancaster was set upon by a Messerschmitt night fighter. One shell burst in the starboard outer petrol tank and another went through the main spar; petrol caught fire and acted as a beacon to other night fighters. However, by fine airmanship Milne evaded three further attacks and got his bomber safely back to England. On another raid Pilot Officer King of No. 158 Squadron, although wounded, navigated his Halifax back to base after it had been holed in over 130 places. Only a few months earlier King and his bomb aimer had nicknamed their aircraft ‘Friday the 13th!’

Author: H. L. Thompson (New Zealanders with the Royal Air Force (Vol. II))

57 Squadron Lancaster ME868 DX-K crashed between Fresnay le Long & St Maclou de Folleville.(Seine Maritime) Two of the crew evaded capture whilst WO2 H.W.Richards (RCAF) became POW. Those who died are buried at the St Maclou local churchyard.

P/O M.Rose, Sgt T.Sharples (evd),WO2 H.W.Richards (RCAF) (POW), Sgt W.D.Charteris (evd), Sgt F.E.F.Bale, F/S C.L.Carpenter, Sgt J.Healy.

57 Squadron Lancaster JB370 DX-O crashed SE of Montdidier. Three of the crew become POWs whilst four evaded capture.(01H45)

P/O N.T.Owen (evd), Sgt J.A.Gains (evd), F/S G.Bennett (pow), F/S G.M.Shaw (POW), F/L K.J.Stephens (RAAF) (evd), Sgt H.L.J.Stephen (RCAF) (evd), F/S K.P.J.Kirwan (RAAF) (POW)

“I was the signals leader of the sqdn, my rank was FL/LT K J Stevens DFM and had so for 2 years on my 3rd tour of opps I think it was my 60th raid. This was not my crew their WO/OP was sick as this was a maxim effort I volunteered as their WO/OP The crew was Pilot F/O N Owen F/eng V Moore Nav F/s E Shaw B/a F/s E Bennett W/op FL/LT K J Stevens DFM RAAF M/U/G H Stevens RCAF R/Gun Sgt K Kirwin RAAF aircraft DX O. I will tell the right story, we were hit by flak then by a Messerschmitt from underneath, so the order to bail out was given. Every member succeeded in doing so. The pilot and I escaped the R/ag Fl/eng Nav M/u/g were all POW s the B/A was captured Tortured by Gestapo Found in a Belgium Hospital but died back in the UK . My story is as follows my shoulder was broken as I hit the tail plane being short of oxygen pulling the ripcord became difficult height was 16000 ft . I landed on the edge of a German drome runway then some days hiding at night walking picked by German army then Gestapo managed to escape days later met Robert Alexander later Georges Morel & Madam Violet export manager of Coty’s perfumes Georges wanted to cut my throat the dark blue uniform of the RAAF looked like the German airforce but Madam Violet Saved me by asking the name of a certain hotel in Melbourne Australia quite a famous place. Later Poppa Morel & Nannette came to take me by Bicycle to Remerangles there I met Momma Morel another daughter Renne some time later we moved to Giencourt near Clermont. It was at Remerangles that I met Bill and checked him out. Georges right name was Rodger Mine was Claude as an alias. Paul I only met once and do not remember him {1983 is when I got to know him. My wife & I went back again 1990 Georges & I were like brothers sadly he passed away a few years later. I hope this clears up some of answers you wanted there is a lot more knowledge the main thing is the courage of my French helpers the risks they took was amazing & for that I will always be most grateful Regards Keith alias Claude”

K.J.Stevens return

see report by P.Morel, Mayor of Airion

57 Squadron Lancaster LM522 DX-G crashed between Envermeu & Saint Nicolas d’Aliermont. (Seine-Maritime) P/O Findley lies in the cemetery at Envermeu whilst the rest at Saint Nicolas d’Aliermont.

P/O Findley, Sgt T.Spencer, Sgt R.K.Nixon, Sgt J.Horton, Sgt W.Clark, Sgt A.C.H.Baker, Sgt D.Carter.

61 Squadron Lancaster R5856 QR-U hit by Flak over Mouy scattering wreckage over a wide area. At Hameau de Coincourt (Les carrieres St-Jean, Le Bois de neige bruille & Les noyers) The Crew lie to rest at Beauvais – Marissel cemetery.

P/O R.H.Passant (RAAF) (+), Sgt T.E.Hunt (+), F/S P.G.Uren (+), F/S A.McW.Frew (+), F/S G.E.nash (RAAF) (+), Sgt C.Howard, F/S W.Smith (+).

61 Squadron Lancaster ND867 QR-V crashed at around 01H30 at Moliens route de Marcoquet (OISE). Those who died are buried at the local cemetery.

F/L W.E.Grantham (+), Sgt G.A.Berry (POW), F/S W.J.Hobbs (+), F/S T.C.Young (evd), F/S R.Towndrow (+), Sgt C.A.Balser (+), Sgt P.H.Baigent (+).

See report by Georgette Blain-Villette page 339 Marcel Mavre (possible Young was saved by her)

83 Squadron Lancaster ND966 OL-C, crashed in the region of Bû between Broue & Marolles (Eure & Loir), where Sgt Mellard is buried in the local cemetery. The rest of those who died are buried at Broue, in the communal cemetery

F/O F.Griffiths (+), Sgt C.B.Prophet (+), F/S W.F.Asker (+), F/S G.J.O.Martin (+), F/S E.T.Davis (pow), Sgt R.Heslop (evd), Sgt R.H.Mellard (+).

106 Squadron Lancaster ME668 ZN-L crashed near Oulins (Eure & Loir). Of the four who died three rest in Oulins churchyard but W/O Bell (RAAF) has no known grave and is commemorated on panel 259 of the Runnymede memorial.(01H15)

F/L G.N.Marchant (RAAF) (POW), Sgt F.Wells (POW), F/O W.G.Hardcastle (+), F/O A.G.Kinnis (RCAF) (POW), W/O H.C.Bell (RAAF) (+), Sgt W.B.Gladstone (+), F/O F.G.Paterson (RCAF) (+).

106 Squadron ME831 ZN-R crashed near Canappeville (Thuit-Signol) at around 01h00. The crew all bailed out.

P/O A.S.Monaghan (RAAF) (EVD), Sgt C.F.Swinley (evd), F/O H.G.Philpott (evd), F/S N.C.T.Wand (POW), Sgt G.A.Poulter (POW), F/S S.F.Gay (RCAF) (evd), F/S R.K.Sheridan.

·see Swinley story, Green Markers Ahead Skipper & Loic Lemarchand :D

Anne Swinley accounts:

..."When he was shot down, he knocked on the nearest door which was slammed close again, then walked into town, stood on the pavement and watched the German troops looking for him. Then he approached a French family, and asked his way to the British lines. They took him in, gave him civvies and got him a French pass (my son has it) in which he is described as a deaf and dumb student. They got him out of town, with a farmer, in his cart. He lived in the attic with five others. One, a young American, had a badly injured leg which they amputated and he lived. The Germans were retreating and actually some were billeted in the farmhouse. He finally made his way to the American lines... from there to London. Like you he was twenty. He was commissioned when he came back. We were married in the November - he was 21, I was 18!! He was a dear, good man."

From Gilbert Gray (with thanks for all his help!)

Stanly F.Gay returned to France in 1986.
Alan returned to France in 1984

106 Squadron Lancaster ME789 ZN-B crashed near the town of Gournay en Bray (Seine-Maritime). (01H00)

F/O G.S.Mathers (RCAF) (POW), Sgt L.T.Lucas (POW), F/O D.A.Evans (RCAF) (evd), F/O J.S.Kingston (RCAF) (POW), F/S W.Stewart (POW), Sgt J.Crawford (RCAF) (POW), Sgt W.A.Waldram (RCAF) (POW).

106 Squadron Lancaster JB641 ZN-X crashed near the village of Bures-en-Bray. All of the crew were killed . Mr. Jean Had buried the crew before they where moved to the St Sever Military cemetery in Rouen.

F/Lt Frederick Cecil Walter Clement (RAF) (+), William Bertram Wilkinson (RAF) (+), Ralph Desmond Potter (RAF) (+), Sgt John Matthew McLachlan (RAF) (+), F/O Norman Vincent Gautschi (RCAF) (+), F/sgt James Palmer (RAF) (+), F/sgt James Balmer (RAF) (+).

contact with S.Potter

106 Squadron Lancaster PB144 ZN-P crashed at Saint Genevieve “La Fusee” near the cemetery and the water tower(Oise) hit by Flak around 1H30

S/L Trevor O.Marshall (RAF)(+), P/O Gordon R. Howell (RAF) (+), F/O Ian J.Thompson (RAAF) (+), Sgt Eric G.Banks (RAF) (+), F/O Leslie C.Zeffert (RAF) (+), F/O Juan A.Adams Langley (RAF) (+), F/O Patrick J.O’Leary (RAF) (+). All lie to rest at Beauvais Marissel except for PJ O’Leary who is buried at Saint Genevieve.

207 Squadron Lancaster LL902 EM-A even though being able to return to base Sgt John Butterworth, airgunner (middle upper) was killed and is buried in Manchester.

207 Squadron Lancaster LM129 EM-Y crashed besides the RN328 on the Herouville Road near Auvers-sur-Oise (Val d’oise).

F/O Charles Edward Stamp (RAF) (+), Sgt Kenneth Anthony Ward (RAF) (POW), F/Sgt John Eric Fisher (RAF)(POW), Sgt Edward Phelps (RAF) (POW),F/O Arthur Eric James Gilby (RAF) (evd), Sgt Richard Gerard Seddon (RAF) (+), Sgt John Marwood (RAF) (+)

Auvers-sur-Oise

207 Squadron Lancaster LM218 EM-N crashed near Haudricourt near Aumale (Seine-Maritime) five of the crew were killed and are buried at Haudricourt cemetery whilst two managed to escape capture.(01H15)

P/O Kenneth Arthur Boyce (RAF) (+), F/Sgt Philip Newbould Smith (RAF) (+), Sgt John Robert Parkinson (RAF) (evd), Sgt Joseph Fear (RAF) (+), F/Sgt Alan Nichol (RAF) (Evd), Sgt Albert Laurie Sayers (RAF) (+), F/Sgt Allan Cameron Sutherlan (RCAF) (+).

207 Squadron Lancaster ME805 EM-J crashed near Wambez at the hameau of Bellefontaine at La Ferme Brûlee. Of the crew only two where captured whilst the rest where taken on by local resistance. (01H30)

F/O Michael Alderton (RAF) (evd), Sgt Leonard Philip Barham (RAF) (POW), Sgt Alfred Frederick James Fagan (RAF) (evd), Sgt Albert John Chin (RAF) (POW), F/O William Allsopp Clowes (RAF) (evd), Sgt Ernest Arthur Gilbert Hay (RAF) (evd), Sgt Austin England Benet Metcalfe (RAF) (Evd).

207 Squadron Lancaster ND567 EM-V crashed at Sancourt at La vallee aux lievres. Of the crew two managed to get clear of the craft one being able to evade capture whilst the other being taken prisoner. Buried at Beauvais Marrisels.(01H44)

F/O Trevor John Hordley (RAF) (+), Sgt William Raymond Brown (RAF) (evd), Sgt Fred Booth (RAF) (+), Sgt George Baker (RAF) (POW), P/O Hugh Thomas Blakeley Burgess (RCAF) (+), Sgt Alan John Holmes (RAF) (+), Sgt Gerald Douglas Cooper (RAF)(+).

207 Squadron ND866 EM-B Lancaster crashed at Bezu-Saint Eloi. Only one of the crew managed to get clear of the craft but was captured. Of the crew five are buried at Neaufles – Saint Martin cemetery whilst Sgt Beresford Matthew Jacques lies to rest at Bezu- Saint Eloi communal Cemetery.(01H30)

F/O Michael Nicholson Milner (RAF) (+), F/Sgt John Miller (RAF) (+), Sgt Ronald Charles Collings (RAF) (+), Sgt Alexander James McPherson (RAF) (POW), Sgt Beresford Matthew Jacques (RAF) (+), Sgt Edward William Palmer (RAF) (+), Sgt Arthur Courtney Barrett (RAF) (+).

467 Squadron Lancaster LM219 PO-G crashed near Saint Germer de Fly. Hit by fighter aircraft the Lancaster crashed at ‘Le Grand Montagny’ only two crew managed to jump and escape.

F/L Robert W. Reynolds RAF (+), P/O John D. O’Driscoll (RNZAF) (+), Sgt Ronald J.Taylor (+), F/S Horace A. Cummins RAAF (+), F/S L.Jimmy G.Walsh RAAF (escaped), Stephen S.Adams RAAF (escaped), Sgt Gordon T. Tipping RAF (+), F/S Gilbert G. Podosky RAAF (+)

467 Squadron Lancaster LM338 PO-U crashed at Courgent (Yvelines).
F/O P.W.Ryan RAAF (+), Sgt G.A.Hays RAF (+), W/O C.C.Jones RAAF (+), F/S V.E.Cockroft RAAF (+), F/S L.H.Porritt RAAF (+), F/S W D.D.Killworth RAAF (+), F/S J.P. Steffan RAAF (+).

http://ccamantes.free.fr/modules.php?na ... =0&thold=0

619 Squadron Lancaster NE688 LE-R Took off from Dunholme lodge crashed near Beaumont sur Oise. Both air gunners are buried at Boran cemetery whilst the remainder of the crew evaded capture.(01H45)

F/Lt C. Johnston (Pilot from Belfast), F/Lt Douglas Cottee (Wireless Operator RAAF), F/Lt Tony Latus (Navigator English), F/O Mike Cockrean ( Bomb aimer English), Sgt W. Clark (Flight Engineer Scottish),
Sgt Johnston Patterson ( Mid Upper Gunner Canadian),
Fl/Sgt Bernad McDonagh ( Rear Gunner Irish)

Cottee with Silvia

Contact with John Cottee :D

630 squadron Lancaster ME688 LE-R Took off from East Kirkby at 2244 hrs on 7th July 1944 for a raid on the V-Weapon storage facility at St. Leu d'Esserent (North of Paris). The aircraft crashed around 0130 hrs to the South East of Villers-en-Arthies (Val d'Oise), 11km SSW of Magny-en-Vexin. OMERVILLE (01H30)

http://www.courrierdemantes.com/news/ar ... 6_ans.html

By Graham TAYLOR

Also see: Luftwaffe - Frappes - Hemidal: This book gives the account of the "Wilde Sau" squadron (See pages 278 & 279)

http://www.luftwaffe.cz/radusch.html

Thanks to,
John Cottee, Steve Stewart, M.Mavre, Gilbert Gray, Theo, Mrs.Sutton, E.Framery, Paul Mercier, Steve Darlow, Joel Huard, P.Morel, K.J.Stevens, Fifi, Loic Lemarchand, Steven Potter,Club de Cinema Amateur de Mantes la jolie, Le Courrier de Mantes, Olivier Bassine, Raymond Glynee-Owen, Frank Haslam, Roger Audis, B.Chorley, IWM, RAF Museum, My Mum and all those who helped me to date.

Dernière édition par tazorii le dim. nov. 04, 2007 13:20 pm, édité 1 fois.

Sujet du message :
MessagePublié : ven. nov. 02, 2007 13:37 pm 
Hors-ligne

Bonjour, j'avais eu la chance de voir tes notes sur papier, merci de nous faire partager tes recherches. :lol: Amicalement jph

Sujet du message :
MessagePublié : mer. févr. 09, 2011 18:26 pm 
Hors-ligne

Bonsoir,
Sur le site consacré au 207 Squadron RAF
http://www.207squadron.rafinfo.org.uk/
Cliquer dans la colonne de gauche sur
Search this site
puis indiquer le serial number dans la fenêtre par exemple ND567, pour le Lancaster ND567, EM-V, pilote F/O Hordley.
Suivent toutes les pages consacrées à l'avion recherché et à son équipage.

Cordialement
Eric

MessagePublié : mar. déc. 02, 2014 10:44 am 
Hors-ligne

tazorii a écrit :
I have still lots to do regarding this raid any information would be very welcome:

61 Squadron sent, R5856 QR-U, ND867 QR-V

61 Squadron Lancaster ND867 QR-V crashed at around 01H30 at Moliens route de Marcoquet (OISE). Those who died are buried at the local cemetery.

F/L W.E.Grantham (+), Sgt G.A.Berry (POW), F/S W.J.Hobbs (+), F/S T.C.Young (evd), F/S R.Towndrow (+), Sgt C.A.Balser (+), Sgt P.H.Baigent (+).

See report by Georgette Blain-Villette page 339 Marcel Mavre (possible Young was saved by her)

Hi

My Uncle (W)illiam (E)dwin Grantham (nickname Ted) was the pilot of ND867 and I have made contact with 2 school teachers in Moliens, who have done a project with their pupils, related to this and also a crew from 50 squadron as it was the 70th anniversary of their raid.

I am intrigued by the reference to Georgette Blain-Villette page 339

To what does this refer, and where might I find it?

Many thanks
Neil Grantham

MessagePublié : mar. déc. 02, 2014 21:04 pm 
Hors-ligne

bonsoir,
"cliché de la reconnaissance photographique verticale du stockage souterrain de bombes volantes de st. Leu d'Esserent, après une attaque réussie par des Avro Lancasters No. 5 Group, Bomber Command, dans la nuit du 7/8 July 1944, . L'attaque a été dirigée par l'avion éclaireur qui a précisément marqué les routes d'accès et les bouches des tunnels (autrefois utilisé pour cultiver des champignons) dans lequel les bombes volantes ont été stockées. le bombardement ultérieur a bloqué l'accès à la décharge, mais causé un glissement de terrain qui a bloqué les entrées de tunnel."

cdlt
t.

ps:traduction avec internet

Pièces jointes :
st leu.jpg
st leu.jpg [ 86.92 Kio | Consulté 9470 fois ]

MessagePublié : mar. déc. 02, 2014 21:16 pm 
Hors-ligne

caster a écrit :
bonsoir,
"cliché de la reconnaissance photographique verticale du stockage souterrain de bombes volantes de st. Leu d'Esserent, après une attaque réussie par des Avro Lancasters No. 5 Group, Bomber Command, dans la nuit du 7/8 July 1944, . L'attaque a été dirigée par l'avion éclaireur qui a précisément marqué les routes d'accès et les bouches des tunnels (autrefois utilisé pour cultiver des champignons) dans lequel les bombes volantes ont été stockées. le bombardement ultérieur a bloqué l'accès à la décharge, mais causé un glissement de terrain qui a bloqué les entrées de tunnel."

cdlt
t.

ps:traduction avec internet

Thank you - the translation is:
good evening,
"Snapshot vertical photographic reconnaissance of the underground storage flying bombs st. Leu Esserent after a successful attack by Avro Lancasters No. 5 Group, Bomber Command, during the night of 7/8 July 1944. The attack was led by the aircraft scout who accurately marked the access roads and the mouths of the tunnels (once used to grow mushrooms) in which the flying bombs were stored. subsequent bombing has blocked access to the landfill, but caused a landslide that blocked the tunnel entrances"

MessagePublié : mer. déc. 03, 2014 18:39 pm 
Hors-ligne

Neil Grantham a écrit :
I am intrigued by the reference to Georgette Blain-Villette page 339
To what does this refer, and where might I find it?

Many thanks
Neil Grantham

Bonsoir, il s'agit d'un témoignage à la page 339 du livre de Marcel Mavré: La guerre 39-45 dans le ciel de L'Oise, Editions Delattre 2006 (première édition de cet ouvrage). Je vais vous adresser un scan de la page 339 par mail. Amicalement jph

MessagePublié : jeu. déc. 04, 2014 2:16 am 
Hors-ligne

JPH, un grand merci pour l'envoi de l'analyse de la page 339. Je vais essayer de le traduire en anglais

Neil

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 8 messages ] 

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC+01:00