Nous sommes actuellement le jeu. mars 28, 2024 16:16 pm

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC+01:00

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 47 messages ]  Atteindre la page Précédent 1 2 3 4
Auteur Message
MessagePublié : jeu. juil. 17, 2014 9:06 am 
Hors-ligne

All,

My wife’s Grandmother’s, Mary Louise Richie, first husband was 2Lt James D Jones, bombardier on the Francis Kirby crew and Killed in Action on June 12, 1944 while flying B-26-B-55 Marauder 42-96117. They were married shortly before his leaving for the ETO and did not have any children. She later married Rush Lee Johnson, another member of the 585th.

I have seen the picture (attached) of Lt Kirby’s crew on this website and the book “Bridge Busters” but are still trying to confirm which individual is James Jones. I would like to identify all the men in the photo as well. I believe Francis Kirby is on the left side back row with the Copilot Sol Hershkowiz to the right. That would make the next individual to the right James Jones. Or is this the other officer on the crew 2Lt Patrick Healy? There is one officer not shown from the crew in this photo. The enlisted kneeling would be SSgt Dana Baker, SSgt John McConville and SSgt Floyd Sjolander but I do not know who is who is the photo.

This forum post has provided a great deal of information. Thank each of you for your diligent research. I would like to hear from Francis Kirby's son if he is interested in communicating.

V/R
E.G. “Buck” Shuler III
Lt Col. SCANG

Pièces jointes :
kirby_01.jpg
kirby_01.jpg [ 35.28 Kio | Consulté 1953 fois ]

MessagePublié : jeu. juil. 17, 2014 21:02 pm 
Hors-ligne

Bonjour, j'ai remis des photos et des documents qui n'étaient plus visibles.
Je n'ai pas de certitude sur l'identité des hommes sur cette photo, debout ce sont les officiers et accroupis les sous-officiers, mais ils ne sont que six, hors l'équipage est de sept hommes, pour mémoire je joins un profil, à suivre, amicalement jph
Pièce jointe :
Copie de Profil b26.JPG
Copie de Profil b26.JPG [ 16.14 Kio | Consulté 1937 fois ]

Publier un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet  [ 47 messages ]  Atteindre la page Précédent 1 2 3 4

Le fuseau horaire est réglé sur UTC+01:00